A GOOD Cause

If you are anything like me than you have a desire to make a difference.  Making a difference can look different to everyone, so I am learning.  But it is the heart behind doing what you do.  I’ve always wanted to make a difference and of course when I was younger I had great aspirations to do many things, as I am sure so did you.  Somewhere along the road of growing up and real life setting in, making a difference became daunting and unattainable for me. Because in my small thinking I was only thinking big; too big, in fact.  I suppose, I needed to have big thinking about doing small things everyday to make a difference.  Sometimes it’s just a smile, offering to watch your friends kids when they need a break, visiting with your own grandparent that might be lonely or listening to a friend that is carrying a heavy load.  Be going to people is easy.  It’s not how much you do it is how much love is in what you do.
All that to say… I wanted to introduce you to a cause, a movement an organization called The Be:Good Foundation.  This is personal for me as this is something that my husband and I started.  The whole purpose of the Be:Good Foundation is to Be Good to People Everywhere . . . No Strings attached.
We are working on several projects currently with a focus both overseas and locally.  Some current projects include : Bulembu, Swaziland  : New Generation (Orphan care, Pediatric AIDS), The Good Patrol (local endeavor to help those in need) and Be Good to Babies (baby showers for teenage mom’s in need).
You can learn more about the Be:Good Foundation by visiting our WEBSITE and our new BLOG, which I’ve just started.  I would love for you to be a part of the continual conversation over there, if this is your type of thing!  And you can join the cause on Facebook book here.
Thank you for letting me take the time to share this with you all.  Although most of us have not met personally you are all friends and I wanted to let you know a little bit more about me!
I have been trying to upload our videos but no success… if you have a few minutes.. I know you’ll enjoy!
Story of a Boy  – video 1
Portraits video 2

• paula
    Commented on October 27th, 2008 at 12:38pm

very cool. i believe the same mantra. way to make a difference!

• vicki archer
    Commented on October 27th, 2008 at 2:17pm

Well done to you Trina – so easy to want to do something but much harder to actually do it. xv

• i'm Carrie, lovely to meet you…
    Commented on October 27th, 2008 at 5:30pm

This is really fantastic, congratulations! I will definitely be following along on Be Good’s adventures and hope to join in on some as well!

btw…watched You’ve Got Mail this weekend and it was just what the doctor ordered so thanks for putting that bug in my brain!

• SHILL
    Commented on October 27th, 2008 at 9:05pm

you’re such an awesome lady!!! what a great thing to do :)

• OLIVEAUX
    Commented on October 27th, 2008 at 11:26pm

This is fabulous Trina! Amanda x

• Primrose
    Commented on October 28th, 2008 at 2:41am

I have to admit I had a bit of a weep when I read some of that beautiful Blog.
    Yesterday, I was having a terrible day and struggling in very hot temperatures with my three year old on very, very overcrowded trains. Two schoolboys, took control and helped me get my baby off the train. I can’t tell you how much their simple act lifted me and nourished my soul. I think angels are everywhere out there and you must be one:)
    I first thought – how can I help? I already sponsor a third world child and our budget is so tight but I will do what I can.
    xx

• pve design
    Commented on October 28th, 2008 at 4:29am

I like you even more. You have such a giving and inspiring heart.
    See my post today!

• la la Lovely
    Commented on October 28th, 2008 at 5:05pm

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments and for taking the time to read about something important to me. You are all so wonderful!

• la la Lovely
    Commented on October 28th, 2008 at 9:43pm

Primrose- sorry you had a hard day but what a blessing that someone out there helped out! I think child sponsorship is such a great thing and a pretty easy way to help out! We have a little girl we sponsor in Swaziland. Thank you for your willingness to help out… it is a tough time right now for everyone financially so just being good to others the way those boys were to you is one of the greatest ways to reach out and make a difference -the everyday stuff is just as important!
    xTrina

• Here, There, Elsewhere... and more
    Commented on October 30th, 2008 at 10:13am

Brava..!
    This is fantastic; people always think individuals can’t do much – if you want to you can..!
    My husband and I created, following the Tsuanami in SE Asia 2004, an NGO (with family, friends, co-workers…etc) to help the “forgotten” victims (the poorest of the poor who lost EVERYTHING) in SW Sri Lanka.
    We managed (albeit with great difficulty and much frustration at the slowness of administrations here and there) to build an entire new village (120 houses) + primary school, medical clinic and a cooperative that provides work for the villagers so they can be self sufficient as we near the end of our humanitarian mission…

I’ve only just discovered your blog but, this is such a wonderful surprise…!

I know Christmas is a long way off; but, I just couldn’t wait…

I’m in the midst of gift-wrapping an early, early Christmas present for all my delightful favourite bloggers – and I’d like to include you because I think you will really love the present – it’ll be ready this evening if you’d like to pop by my blog and pick it up..:)