Clever Christmas

Creative Ornament Hanging Display

{via Mondo Cherry}

A Whimsical Twiggy Tree

{by the lovely Kimberlee at  Brown Button}
Fireplace Mantles

**For a ton of great Christmas Tree & Fireplace Mantel
Inspiration visit DwellingsDecor Blog.

Funky Stocking
These are a few of my favorite ideas and images.  Anything with a bit of whimsy is always right with me!  Hope you are inspired!
*Don’t forget about the Giveaway – only 2 more days!

• Melissa @ The Inspired Room
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 12:22am

Great images! I had seen that red & green feather one and couldn't decide if it was fun or just wild looking! :-) It sure is eye-catching!!

Happy week,
    Melissa

• Paris Atelier
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 12:28am

I love the birds resting on the twigs! Too cute & so creative, I might have to "decor~lift" this idea! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy holidays!
    Judith~

• paula
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 9:13am

i love that first image. i may need to do it. thanks for the inspiration and giving me something else to do, ha!

• Mélanie
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 9:25am

I love the idea in the 1st photo

• thevintagechair
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 1:41pm

That first idea is great! I have so many ornaments and I’ve been trying to figure a creative way to display them without having to cram them into the tree! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Meaghan
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 3:24pm

i love meg deurksin too! i found a cute stocking this year! their are pics on my blog, you have to scroll down a bit. the pics a little blurry too.

• Jules
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 4:00pm

i love the second photo! very chic and festive :)

• OLIVEAUX
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 7:21pm

Love these beautiful images…very festive! Amanda x

• ofifteen
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 8:04pm

so creative!

• Chris
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 9:03pm

Wow, very cool! I especially love the bird. I’d like to decorate my Christmas tree some year with ALL bird ornaments. I think it’d be very pretty and different.

• drey
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 9:19pm

you’ve just been awarded a “i love your blog” award… keep on blogging!

read more on my blog :)

• Meaghan
    Commented on December 4th, 2008 at 10:27pm

thanks for stopping by to look! the picture really doesn’t do the stockings justice! they’re for my boys. i have a girl stocking waiting in the wings ;-) couldn’t resist it. they’re all dept. 56 which also is krinkles. i purchased the blue “jingle” stocking @ nieman marcus this year, the other one i purchased four years ago. hope you find some!

cute site! just found ya!

• Callie Grayson
    Commented on December 5th, 2008 at 1:14am

Love your inspirational post.

isn’t kimberlee’s tree beautiful! the twigs, fairy lights and those ornaments, love them they’re so whimsical and pretty.
    xx
    callie
    by the way, love the picture of you by your old door!!! it is a great door.

• Viv
    Commented on December 5th, 2008 at 4:44am

I love the first image. Clever idea.

By the way, I’ve tagged you too with an ‘I love your blog’ award.

Have a great weekend!

Viv

• Kimberlee
    Commented on December 5th, 2008 at 6:03am

Trina bella – thanks so much for the mention and showing my silly little tree for this year!
    I love the stocking in the last shot – when I was younger I always used a pillow case rather than a stocking (figured it would fit more!) he he.

Re the art work behind the tree. Emma (of White and Wander) made it for me two years ago – isn’t she supremo clever!! – It’s an ee cummings poem. I’m trying to convince her to start an etsy shop or the like and produce this beautiful work!

• Millie
    Commented on December 5th, 2008 at 6:55pm

So many fabulous ideas here Trina! I love the idea from the talented Mondo Cherry gals, I’ve been out in our garden this morning looking for just the right twigs to use. Glad you enjoyed the koala’s in ‘love’ post, they are responsible for a definite case of sleep deprivation this week!
    Millie ^_^

• Steppie
    Commented on December 5th, 2008 at 11:10pm

I absolutely adore everything in this post! xoxo

• bridechic
    Commented on December 6th, 2008 at 1:06pm

This is the unique kind of inspiration we all need

• Blair
    Commented on December 9th, 2008 at 9:25pm

Love the ornament display! Beautiful post.

• A Cup of Tea with Duong
    Commented on December 17th, 2008 at 8:21pm

Absolutely lovely!! I love the crisp Fireplace decor especially!