Awning Envy

Australian Country Style Mag via Brown Button

Exterior of Anna Spiro’s Home {Absolutely Beautiful Things}

I am very much loving these black and white window awnings.  I have no place for them but perhaps one day when I have beach house these awnings just might grace the windows.  Really, it is like the house is wearing a cute skirt, isn’t it?

• Callie Grayson
    Commented on January 14th, 2009 at 8:52pm

I know, isn’t it just sweet with the stripes! There is a little shop on Lincoln that had the black and white awnings, but sadly the awning is gone! The shop is still there, they have cute gift items but the awning is how I found it!

• pve design
    Commented on January 14th, 2009 at 11:03pm

I always have adored awnings, to me they are like “lampshades!”

• Brandi
    Commented on January 15th, 2009 at 1:46am

Those awnings are so fun and chic… and they look great with the green trees

• Kimberlee
    Commented on January 15th, 2009 at 7:30am

oh, aren’t they just the greatest things!!! – I live in a four storey apartment block – I think it would look super cute if all our windows had black and white awnings… x

• paula
    Commented on January 15th, 2009 at 8:28am

i too love these especially in that black and white stripe.

• Michelle Parks McCourt
    Commented on January 15th, 2009 at 9:01am

i love awnings esp black and white ones.

• please sir
    Commented on January 15th, 2009 at 1:39pm

I secretly love awnings too, but would be scared they might be too hard to take care of. Maybe?

• Fifi Flowers
    Commented on January 16th, 2009 at 1:58am

THose are EXACTLY what I NEED and plan to get ONE DAY! I hope SOON!

Speaking of SOON… I would like to put together a post about Chicago like you and I talked about… let me know when you will be available!

• elly e
    Commented on January 16th, 2009 at 10:47am

Precious. I swear this is my best friends house. She has great black and white stiped awning and even looks like the cute girl in the doorway. Very chic and very Dorothy Draper those black and white stripes!

• pinkstilettos
    Commented on January 17th, 2009 at 3:50pm

Oh These are gorgeous. It adds the perfect touch! Daisy~

• ambika
    Commented on January 18th, 2009 at 1:12am

Oh my gosh, how lovely are these? If only I lived somewhere with the sunshine to justify having them!

• Chris
    Commented on January 19th, 2009 at 6:02pm

They have a quaint retro charm. They remind me of my grandparents’ home in the suburbs and my aunties’ homes in Chicago. Very 1950s, but very cool, especially the black and white combo.

• la la Lovely
    Commented on January 20th, 2009 at 9:48am

I think you’re right about that Chris. My grandparents had a black and white house in Chicago and I think these would have fit perfectly.. maybe that is why I am drawn to them!

• {michelle}
    Commented on January 22nd, 2009 at 11:23pm

My parents had forest green and white striped awnings like this at their old house, very chic, kind of has a glamorous beach-club feel!

• Helenna
    Commented on May 16th, 2009 at 2:37am

I’ve saved this picture so I go and get some quotes before next summer turns my daughters bedroom into an oven again. They are so stylish.

Helenna