Domesticity Dears

image via Jane Brocket

Yesterday, I mentioned the new book that I bought, The Gentle Art of Domesticity and would you know I am already posting about it again today.  I stumbled upon the book because of the pretty pictures, color and textiles.  I had a peek and went straight to the check out line.  Author, Jane Brocket has been blogging for quite awhile over at YarnStorm.  The whole preface of the book is about enjoying domesticity.  Knitting, baking, gardening, crafting, tending to your home is in fact an art. The book is a great resource not only for crafty type things but recipes, art, book & movie recommendations (my reading list just grew), traveling, etc.  It’s one of those books where, in my opinion, the writing and text is just as pretty and rich as the colorful images.  I’m off to read a bit more.  If anything, I embraced folding the laundry and am eager to start knitting again!

• manon
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 2:49am

j’aime bien ton blog!

manon

frnce

• vicki archer
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 2:53am

Thank you for the tip – I just had a quick peak and Jane’s site is gorgeous. Homemaking….those of us who love it can never see enough. xv

• Primrose
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 5:23am

So beautiful! With the shocking exchange rate between Australia and the rest of the world I really don’t need to be addicted to ordering books but I suspect I won’t be able to help myself. Jane’s second book also looks gorgeous (Cherry Cakes and Ginger Beer) My daughter will love that one. We can’t resist anything with Milly Molly Mandy on.
    Thank you for posting about this. My wallet doesn’t thank you but my soul does! I love that image of the books in the fireplace too! I also signed up to the newsletter.

• paula
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 8:49am

i am completely intrigued.

• Room design studio
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 9:07am

I’m so jealous!! they dont carry this book in our local bookshop so i’m gonna have to order it from Amazon!! thanks for sharing !

• Kotori
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 1:13pm

Love that bold color on that fireplace… I wish I could be so bold!

• jessica
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 1:16pm

So, I want that book :) Would love to look at your copy next time I’m over-great post! :)

xo!

• Poshyarns
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 2:42pm

I just stumbled across your lovely blog, so many wonderful colourful images to enjoy.

• A-M
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 3:30pm

Looks fabulous. Feel free to publish more pictures if you need to! A-M xx

• la la Lovely
    Commented on January 21st, 2009 at 9:43pm

So glad you all enjoyed this post.. I know you would all really enjoy the book.. I’ll try to post some more pics next week.
    x T

• Miss Aimee
    Commented on January 22nd, 2009 at 10:20am

I want that book! and love this photo- great idea! creative and just all around perfection really.

• citysage
    Commented on January 22nd, 2009 at 1:56pm

I’ve heard of this book but this is the first I’ve known of someone having it—and you make it sound like a must-have!

Anything that can make folding laundry less unpleasant sounds pretty good to me :)