Blue Crush

I have blue on the brain.  I’m painting my dining room blue.  It will look a little like the picture above (I have a similar chandelier and white cabinet).  I don’t think I want to go that light though??  I am loving the top picture.  Blue doors and the black and white stripe.  Any blue suggestions or tips?
{image 1 & 3 Flickr, image 2 ?}

• [J]
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 10:48am

Wonderful images of blue!

• Miz.November
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 10:50am

Yes, because I have painted every shade of blue on walls. If you are going for this general look, be sure to pick a blue with a warm gray undertone. Thats what gives you that sweet dusty look (like the doors at top). If you have a violet or green undertone the lighting is gonna do tricky things with the color. Just be aware.

• LissyLou
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 11:04am

There was a house near to where we live that i used to love with a lovely blue front door with etched glass. I always said to my hubby that i wanted it if ever it came up for sale. They then painted that door white and i completely went off of that house!! It’s amazing how something as simple as that blue door made me love somthing so much.

• 「 ℒady ℐehanné.ℋ 」
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 11:32am

I love your blog, it’s so pretty! :)
    -if you would like to view my blog just e-mail me! xoxox

• Maggie May
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 11:45am

i adore the blue that is in the castle in Marie Antoinette. more grey in it, i think?

i had my kitchen a darker blue for a few years, now white, and now i’m also doing a lighter blue.

• The Polka Dotted Owl
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 11:54am

love the blue! Def. agree with the above comments, maybe a grey undertone. You are gonna have to play with it. Colors are so tricky, especially how they dry on the wall. I know you hear that all the time, but it so true! Be patient girlie:)

Is that the Chanel logo hanging up next to the cabinet?!

• scm
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 3:44pm

Love your blog, great images and fun inspirations!

• MMW
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 6:12pm

As usual – a gorgeous post.

Daisy Pink Cupcake also shared the second picture back on Jan 27th. Does it look like it’s from BHG? Here’s her link anyway.

• LexyB
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 7:27pm

Blue is a lovely colour! Work with it …

• Porchlight Interiors
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 9:09pm

I’m sure your dining room will look gorgeous – I love the example you chose, the cabinet really makes the room! Good luck choosing the right blue – at my last house we painted our living room a very pale duck egg blue and it was fabulous! Tracey xx

• OLIVEAUX
    Commented on March 5th, 2009 at 10:21pm

I love the cabinet and chandelier! It is going to be gorgeous. Amanda x

• vicki archer
    Commented on March 6th, 2009 at 4:35am

I love, love the grey blue Trina – gorgeous images and your room will look wonderful, of that I am sure. Enjoy your weekend, xv.

• Kotori
    Commented on March 6th, 2009 at 3:05pm

Love blue – that chandelier and cabinet should really stand out beautifully against it. Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Happy weekend!

• paula
    Commented on March 6th, 2009 at 3:50pm

I love blue. I am sure it will look lovely.

• Melissa Lewis
    Commented on March 8th, 2009 at 11:39pm

Loving blue myself:) I just wrote a post about blue and its effects on moods and such. It’ll be up in a couple of days. You should pop on over, I know you would love it!!! We seem to have similar taste:)

• citysage
    Commented on March 11th, 2009 at 6:26pm

Ooh–the color of the doors in the first pic is perfect. not too sweetsy, more of a classical architecture blue.

do you have access to farrow and ball paints? they’re a little more pricey but they guarantee that ‘old english manor’ patina.

You might even consider going with a color that is actually a grey with very strong blue undertones like this one: http://tinyurl.com/d93dvd