Here is a little something I have been making lately that can be thrown together very quickly.
Let’s call it a Caprese “ish” Sandwich!
What You Need:
*Prosciutto (the thinner the better, if you ask me)
*Your favorite Buns or Rolls
What You Do:
1. Brush or drizzle the buns with olive oil and place on cookie sheet
2. Stick buns under the broiler for about 1 min. I watch mine the whole time because the minute I look away they burn
3. Drizzle one side of the bun with Balsamic Vinegar or both if you love it like I do
4. Slice the mozzarella (however thick or thin you fancy) and put on both sides of bun
5. Optional …. the Prosciutto can be layered on top of the cheese now or after the oven
6. Melt the cheese in the oven under the broiler (again about another minute, but don’t look away)
7. Add the tomato and basil (and prosciutto if you haven’t already). Arugula would be super yummy too if you don’t have basil.
(don’t use too much prosciutto…it will just make the sandwich too much…and of course leave it off all together for a vegetarian friendly version)
*And not to sound food snobbish but the better ingredients you use, the better food you will make (I have learned from experience…so the point, if you are able and have access… buy good prosciutto & your sandwich will be a million times more delicious)
And Viola! Fancy, delicious and good enough for guests in a matter of minutes.