Photo Art

I love the idea of using photos as art on the wall. I am just horrible at pictures on the wall or in frames theses days. I blame it all on digital cameras and never developing pictures like the old days. I have, or maybe I should say had, high hopes of doing a photo collage wall like the second image and also blowing up a poster type picture for the baby/guest room before baby arrives. I know there are so many other great images and ideas out there and I imagine some of you have beautiful photos walls in your own homes. Would LOVE to see what you have done or have come across!!!
{image 1 House to Home?: image 2 Sixx Designs: image 3 Real Simple}

• paula
    Commented on October 7th, 2009 at 9:20am

Love photos as art! Of course, it helps that we do photography:)

• Nicole
    Commented on October 7th, 2009 at 11:07am

Hi Trina, I'm with you. As a fine art black & white photographer, dedicated entirely to film, it's been impossible for me to hang anything but silver prints and traditional grain (or paintings) on my walls. I'll see if I can post some here for you, otherwise head over to my site at http://www.fotocaffe.com.au
    Creatively yours,
    Nicole

• rendasemais
    Commented on October 7th, 2009 at 12:54pm

Hi dear,
    You have a nice blog here!
    And a lovely post about photograph arts, specialy the black and white photos.

• SimplyGrove
    Commented on October 7th, 2009 at 1:29pm

Photos are the best art you could ask for!! xx

• Megan and Jon
    Commented on October 7th, 2009 at 1:39pm

I love those pictures you have. We use our travel pictures as much as possible around our house. I actually posted about it this summer. Check it out!

• Callie Grayson
    Commented on October 7th, 2009 at 8:22pm

i love photos, and i really love shooting with real film rather than digital.

• decorquips
    Commented on October 7th, 2009 at 10:25pm

Wonderful finds here! Also, I made an interesting discovery. Here’s an excerpt from an article I wrote about it this month…
    DÉCOR TIPS & QUIPS from AlphabetPIX.com
    Bring Out The YOU In Your Home Decor!
    Bill Blass said, “Style is primarily a matter of instinct.” Decorating takes on a new meaning for each individual. Different tastes in decor mean different furniture, artwork and color palettes. So what is the rule of thumb for making your place zing if it’s not a certain style, pattern, or color?
    Bring out the Y-O-U!
    Make a statement and let your personality shine through! Add your zing to make it pop. Hang something personal on the wall with a few well-chosen accents-bold and beautiful. The trend for decor is becoming more and more personalized.
    Whatever you want to say while decorating, say it with your own individual style. Put it out there for the world to see and don’t look back. Express yourself! When people enter your home they’ll shoot you a complementary smile, knowing it looks and feels sooooo perfectly like you. And no one can do YOU better.
    by T. Miller
    Décor Tips & Quips from AlphabetPIX
    alphabetpix.com
    Take your individual decorating style to a whole new level of personalization, and discover a new way of looking at the world around you – Create your own Personalized Name Art with Photos That Look Like Letters!
    tags: alphabetpix, personalized name art, alphabet photography, alphabet photo art, name in photos, photo letters, photo name designs, name gifts, name photos, photo alphabet, personalized gifts, name designs, decorating, home décor, interior design, wall art, design ideas, wedding gifts, personal gifts, personal art

• Beach Vintage
    Commented on October 8th, 2009 at 12:19am

I have 2 massive canvas photos on my wall of my little family. I just love it and everyone always comments.

• Cassandra Marie
    Commented on October 8th, 2009 at 2:23pm

There's some great photos/art at Urbanoutfitter.com

• Urban Flea
    Commented on October 9th, 2009 at 7:31pm

I'm such a huge fan of gallery style wall hangings; instant personalization, instant character, dontcha think? great post!

xo katherine aka. urbanflea :)

• Exquisite Accessories
    Commented on October 10th, 2009 at 6:22pm

Hi Trina, oh its so good to be back I am so sorry I havent blogged you in ages!! I have had some crasy times but all good now!! I love these photo art idears I will deffinetly have to look at some of my picks to see what I could do with them, thanks for inspiring me (again) hope you are well & baby growing nicely. Elaine :)

• Eliana Tomás
    Commented on October 12th, 2009 at 1:22pm

beautiful spaces. i love that amazing wall (2nd shot). i'm putting a few of my art photographs together to have them exhibited in my flat.

• Swish and Swanky