House Crush : Amy Neunsinger

I am having a pretty massive HOUSE CRUSH at the moment. This is the home of Amy Neunsinger, who is a brilliant photographer. Her house is on the cover of this month’s House Beautiful (with plenty of gorg photos inside, so worth buying)
It’s kinda Shabby Chic meets industrial
All of the pendant lights are perfection and I love all the pictures of her hallways (more if you click here). Rarely, do we get to see people’s hallways and those are the things I am def interested in, aren’t you? The house is so muted and black and white and then those red pipes, cherry on top of a vanilla sundae!
And she uses a lot of pieces that you can buy at regular shops, like these chairs from Pottery Barn (which I’ve been wanting for sometime) and that little towel hook thingy below (I’ve seen that lots of places).
I always love seeing photo walls. I really am going to do this and I mean soon. It’s one of my goals.
And speaking of goals….
Confession….I haven’t written mine out yet. I said it was going to be the first things I do and it wasn’t. I mean, I haven’t sat down and done something else in it’s place. It’s just when I get 10 minutes of free time I get distracted, now that I am pretty savvy on google reader, that is. It’s all of you, the pretty, the lovely, the chatting, the good reads, it draws me like a magnet. And here is another confession… I think confessing to all of you is a lot easier than the people I see everyday. Who knows what I might tell you next?
What are spending your Christmas money on? I don’t know either. Well, besides developing big photos and buying frames for my photo wall, right? Oh and I was thinking of a new journal (saw this over at Tracy Porter) because I can never have to many journals or things to write in. And maybe a new iphone case from here or here. I was also maybe thinking of some new pillows for my couch or something. I’m back to wanting to buy decor items (you know it flip flops, fashion or decor, decor or fashion…it’s not usually both at once for me, ok sometimes it is. But right now it’s decor).
And…. I’m off… L has eaten almost a whole box, BIG box, of raisins and that could spell trouble later, if you know what I mean!
xx
{images via Apartment Therapy}

• Louise
    Commented on January 5th, 2010 at 1:21pm

Wow, her house is gorgeous!

I love the Tracy Porter journal – good investment for Christmas money! xx

• The Little Red Shop
    Commented on January 5th, 2010 at 2:30pm

Thank you for the post! I was just looking through that issue at the grocery store yesterday…but missed those pages!

: )

Julie M.

ps I actually have flip flops on my list!

• SogniSorrisi
    Commented on January 5th, 2010 at 2:56pm

The kitchen is pretty cool and I love the exposed brick.

• Miz.November
    Commented on January 5th, 2010 at 6:47pm

I am having the same house crush! I checked House Beautiful's site today to see if they had added the pics, but sadly, they haven't. The dining room is just crazy amounts of beautiful.

• Renee Finberg
    Commented on January 5th, 2010 at 7:07pm

i am not a fan of stark white walls,
    unless the walls are brick.
    i don't know what it is, but texture changes the effect of color and the shading effects.
    just one brick wall in an all white room softens everything.

XX's

i love that huge open kitchen

• La Maison Fou
    Commented on January 5th, 2010 at 10:29pm

Love the look; so soft with the concrete & brick textural walls…..

I need a bit more color but, this is nice! Oh, & I am spending my greenbacks on holiday, heading up to NYC…. some post x-mas shopping.
    L

• Exquisite Accessories
    Commented on January 5th, 2010 at 10:48pm

I am the same havent written them down yet, all in the head, I know I am going to work harder at organising my blog web site & etsy account in the next couple of months, Hope you find a lovley journal to write all your goals down! :)

• Amanda
    Commented on January 6th, 2010 at 12:42am

What a lovely home – thanks for sharing it with us x

• paula
    Commented on January 6th, 2010 at 11:04am

so happy to see more of this home. I have been drooling over it in House Beautiful.

• Sara
    Commented on January 21st, 2010 at 12:30am

Had to share this site with you:

So much fun, and I know you have a "house crush" every now and then!

Just posted about it here:

Hope all is well!