Food for Thought

It’s seems like food has been my only thought lately. I’m back to my old antics of watching non-stop food t.v. I’m over Food Network. It’s all about the Cooking Channel for me. Far more interesting and far less showy. I am always a sucker for international cooking shows and this does not disappoint. All this week I have decided I want to cook Indian and Chinese dishes (and not just popping open my jar of chicken korma as I do from time to time) and have decided my next European stop is just going to have to be Italy for eating of course purposes, of course.
Besides my normal fav’s of Nigella, Giada, and Jamie (which are a plenty on this network) I’m really liking David Rocco’s La Dolce Vita and Chinese Food Made Easy.
To top things off today GOOP sent out a pretty fabulous list of food blogs.
Last night I made some pretty good fish tacos with Halibut and fresh salsa. Today I might make it to the apple orchard which means some pretty good BBQ and the best apple cider donuts evah!
Do you have a favorite cooking show, blog or recipe?
Ok, enough about food, I’m off to take a walk. It’s possible I’m gaining weight just watching and talking about all of this food.

image . simplybreakfast .

• Lila
    Commented on October 7th, 2010 at 3:01pm

As if the food network didn't take too much of my time already, they created the cooking channel! I have an obsession…but I'm still watching Nigella!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

• Kelly Green
    Commented on October 7th, 2010 at 3:36pm

Not sure if i should admit it but I am a Nigella girl through and through……..KG

• pretty pink tulips
    Commented on October 7th, 2010 at 7:29pm

A great reminder! I caught Jamie Oliver's show once and loved it. Need to find it in my local listings!

• pretty pink tulips
    Commented on October 7th, 2010 at 7:30pm

Great reminder. LOVE Jamie Oliver – he gets his hands right in there!

• Life love, clutter and other beautiful things.
    Commented on October 7th, 2010 at 11:45pm

Oh me too! Lucky I don't have Pay TV or I would never get anything done!!

My Hubby complains enough when I watch all the free to air food shows. Poor darling it is probably because while I like the idea of cooking and find such shows as you mention very inspiring truth be told I am not very good at it!

I love Food Safari it is a show on SBS (in Australia but probably also on pay TV too?!).

• Kellie Collis
    Commented on October 8th, 2010 at 12:19am

They are so fun to watch eh? They make cooking look so easy. Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

• Jaclyn
    Commented on October 8th, 2010 at 1:46am

i just about jumped out of my chair when I saw the goop newsletter today, the rest of the day was a haze of food blogs which I just drooled over. i too am in love with food shows, nothing is more inspiring or hunger inducing. x (fellow BYW here!)

• Camille