Jess Brown dolls + a promise

I totally adore Jess Brown dolls.  And I’m really crossing my fingers that my la la will still love one at 9 years old.  Her birthday is coming up and I’d love to get her one of these.  It’s her golden birthday and do you know what she has asked for?  To go to Paris.  I’m not sure where she gets these kinds of ideas.  I mean really, it is a golden.  Why wouldn’t you go all out?  Have you seen Kiki and Coco in Paris?  Coco, a Jess Brown doll, that travels all through Paris with a little girl named Kiki?  The book is gorge.  A book, a doll and a Paris, one day, promise  for my la la, it just might be the thing.

Oh and that last picture is Jess Brown the designer of the dolls.  She hand makes them.  I’m pretty sure you can’t get any cooler than  her.

[Stephanie Rausser / Pirouette Blog / Sweet William]

• Nancie B
    Commented on January 26th, 2012 at 3:18pm

I took my then 6 yr old daughter to Paris with another mom and her two teenage girls ten years ago this spring. It was a fabulous trip and I saw bits of Paris that I never would have noticed/experienced had I travelled only with adults. Paris is actually very kid friendly.
    There are carousels all over that kids ride on and use sticks to grab brass rings. The ice cream stands are everywhere and serve incredibly yummy little kid size scoops- my daughter LIVED on ice cream for a week. Versailles was cool but the gardens were a dream to a 6 year old. She loved le Tour Eiffel and the subways were a treat to a kid from a city that doesn’t have them. Monet’s Garden in Giverny was paradise- flowers and gardens to run in .
    My daughter is now 16 and remembers the trip better than you would imagine. My younger daughter is mad that I haven’t taken her yet. All in good time.

• Trina
    Commented on January 27th, 2012 at 12:05pm

That sounds like a fabulous time! Wow and you are so right I bet there is so much that you would see differently. I really wish to take my kids while they are still kids because I think it is so wonderful to expose them to other cultures and sites at a young age….and again as teenagers. Each time would be such a different experience. I bet your younger daughter is waiting for her turn. Hope you get to go back soon + thanks for sharing your story! XO t

• Tracey
    Commented on January 26th, 2012 at 4:22pm

Way to go girl! Loving her style. Is that what you call 9 years…golden? Is it because it is the last before double figures or something else?
    x

• Trina
    Commented on January 27th, 2012 at 12:04pm

Hi Tracey! A golden birthday is the the birthday were you are the same age as the date. So my Elle’s bday is Feb 9 and she will be 9 this year. Happy Weekend! XO t

• paula
    Commented on January 26th, 2012 at 9:31pm

These are darling! I want to go to Paris too.

• Trina
    Commented on January 27th, 2012 at 12:03pm

I know… wouldn’t it be so grand!

• Kimberlee
    Commented on January 26th, 2012 at 11:03pm

gorgeous – the doll, and the wish to go to Paris!
    Loving the new look blog Trina, just stunning xx

• Trina
    Commented on January 27th, 2012 at 12:02pm

Thank you, sweet Kimberlee! A group of us were just talking about you at ALT! Hope you are well! XO

• Miz.November
    Commented on January 27th, 2012 at 7:59am

I’m sure she will love the doll. I can’t think of any adult woman who wouldn’t love one!
    And totally off subject…..I LOVE her tattoos.

• Trina
    Commented on January 27th, 2012 at 12:00pm

I think so too…but I just now looked at the price. Eeek. A def keepsake. And yes, her tattoos are very cool! Happy weekend! XO