If you are a regular than you know I like a good beauty product (see here, here, + here). I love trying new products but what I love even more is when you come across a product that really works. A product that becomes a fast favorite, a necessity in your regimen and a game changer.
These, now, necessities for me have been real game changers and I recommend them without reserve:
1. Coconut Oil – As in coconut oil you buy at the grocery store and use for cooking. Hands down this is the best deep conditioner I’ve used. I slather it on, on Saturday night (talk about a grease head), lay a towel down on my pillow and go to sleep. Wash out the next morning and we are talking major soft and major shine.
2. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I’m not a mask girl. I probably should be (tell me your fave and I’ll try it). This really isn’t a traditional mask its basically a really intense overnight face creme. It’s not greasy and it smells soo good. I love to use this a couple of times a week. It really lives up to its name, your skin will literally drink up moisture. My skin tends to be dry and this has taken away that tired, dry look.
3. Nars Multiple Stick in Orgasm – I know. I know. Everybody knows about this and everybody hates the name. I’ve used this color forever. I always switch back and both between powder blue hand creme. I’ve finally decided that creme is my fave and particularly this one. I promise this color looks good on everyone. It adds just the right amount of natural color and gives the perfect glow (I’m wearing it in the photo above).
4. Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Charm. I’m new to this line but I hear that it is a fave of Angelina’s, even this very lip gloss. I’m always always always buying peachy nude lip gloss and can never seem to find my match made in heaven. But I’m pretty sure this is it. The color is so great and the texture is even better. Nothing sticky, gooey or tacky about it. Smooth as butter (which makes sense since it’s French, oui?!). PS- I hear from a few sources that Chantecaille’s tinted moisturizer is better than Laura Mercier’s (say it isn’t so?). I’m looking into this.
5. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. This makes my list every time. Couldn’t live without it. I use it every. single. day. A little on my cheeks, my nose, and my collar bones.
6. Hot Rollers – My hot rollers and I have rekindled our love. Why did I have them shoved in a dark drawer for so long? I can pop them in and get on with fixing breakfast for the kids and saving the world. Run back to the bathroom pull them out and serious volume and smoothness now lives on my head. The curling iron doesn’t hold a chance.
7. Mac Lip Conditioner – This is a “don’t leave home without it” product. The best lip conditioner. Silky, not too thick, not too thin, smells /tastes (you know what I mean) yummy and it works.
8. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collegen Booster – This stuff is magic. My mom told me about it and she knows her stuff. She said it was time I start using a Vitamin C serum (Yes, Ma’am!). This has seriously helped my skin look fresher, more plump and dewy. My mom forgot I had been using it and the other day she asked what I was using because my skin look so much better. This is my #1 game changer as in it works magic and I’m completely hooked.
And speaking of my mom here is a little tip she taught me. Whenever you have any left over creme or serums on your hands, after applying, rub the remainder on the tops of your hands for a little ant-aging treatment. Hands always give away your age. Her hands (and skin) look fabulous from this little trick.
Do you have any game changer beauty products? Fill us in!