Sonnet James

sonnet-james_La-La-Lovely

are you a dress person?  or, maybe i should start by asking if you are a dress up person?  and by dress up, i mean, do you put effort into your daily outfit?  i’m especially curious to hear from the stay at home moms (whats your daily uniform + are you happy with it?)

Sonnet-James-2_La-La-Lovely

my daily uniform usually consists of black yoga pants and a grey t-shirt or tank.  i have cute clothes but somedays i just can’t be bothered to wear them.  i figure they are going to get spilled on and mainly i want to be comfortable.  chasing after 4 requires a lot of movement.  know what i mean?

Sonnet-James-3_La-La-Lovely

and, i seem to find myself “saving” my clothes for certain occasions or outings and thus not really getting use out of them (i tend to do the same thing with the kids + their clothes).  walking past a mirror in my regular uniform, especially if its towards the end of the day, is not my favorite thing.  i always think, tomorrow i’m going to wear something cute.  anyone else?

well, enter sonnet james?  have you heard of them?  i hadn’t either, but they are darling play dresses (as you can see) for playful moms.  pretty brilliant.  i love the concept so much.

whitney lundeen, the founder is in the process of raising money, via kickstarter, to launch her business and make more dresses!  after watching the video, i not only decided i wanted one of every dress but also that i want to play more, as in engage in the magic and join right in on the fun.  and honestly, i think it just might be easier to do when you feel your best.

click on through to watch the darling video

if you’re interested in learning more or contributing you can do so right here.

images : sonnet james

• Danielle
    Commented on July 23rd, 2013 at 5:36am

I hope these exist when I’m a mom! Love.

• Trina
    Commented on July 23rd, 2013 at 11:54am

i do too…but hey, i don’t think you have to be a mom to wear one…..they just look like darling comfy dresses, yes?! xo . t

• Holly
    Commented on July 23rd, 2013 at 8:11am

I recently discovered her as well and just fell in love with the video! I think we all need to remember to play more and her dresses are perfect for that.

• Trina
    Commented on July 23rd, 2013 at 11:53am

i so need to remember to play more. i love imagining things up but i’m not so great at the actual playing. and play is so important!
    xo . t

• Mary
    Commented on July 23rd, 2013 at 8:27am

Oooh those are really cute! My daily uniform is shorts (jeans in the cooler months) and a t-shirt and flip-flops. I don’t mind it, and I’m comfy and not too dowdy, but still. These look really comfy and cute. I think I may have to pledge.

• Trina
    Commented on July 23rd, 2013 at 11:52am

i throw jeans in the mix too… but i really have one pair that are super comfy and so i wear them over and over. but i’d love to have one of these dresses in the mix. xo . t

• Whitney
    Commented on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:21pm

Trina! What a wonderful post about my dresses! Thank you so much for supporting the cause of playing more. It’s so nice to see that someone else felt EXACTLY the same way I did everyday. I saved for clothes for special occasions, wore uggs and yoga pants everyday and never did my hair or makeup because what was the point, right?!

I feel so much better now in my dresses. I hope it helps other moms as well.

Thanks again,
    xo
    Whitney

• Trina
    Commented on August 5th, 2013 at 12:30pm

i am totally feel the same way and i’m so excited that someone did something about it! hope to get my very own sonnet james and sport it around!

xo . t

• Shoko
    Commented on July 23rd, 2013 at 8:51pm

oh my goodness, that first dress! i love it, love it, love it!

• jess
    Commented on July 24th, 2013 at 8:49am

holy wow– i want that first one SO BAD ;)

• Trina
    Commented on August 5th, 2013 at 12:29pm

me too .. me too… lets be twins! xo . t