wear it / workout

workout wear via la la lovely

i’m still thinking on strong.  while, i haven’t been as disciplined as i would like to be (mostly with my snacks – surprise, surprise), i have started adding more good things….. yoga, walks, vitamins, water and so on.  the thing is, i tend to be the ultimate preparer.  i like to study and plan and plan and study and then . . . purchase.  and by purchase, i mean purchase things to help me with my plan and make me feel more prepared.  i feel like i’m in that stage.  so much so that i bought a jump rope, while wandering around target, yesterday.  i read this tip and decided it was necessary that i start jump roping.

i’ve also been having this thought that perhaps it’s time to get some decent workout wear.  yes, for working out, but mostly because i wear yoga pants, almost every day.  i have a pair of zella live in leggings, that i love, but i don’t venture out beyond your basic black yoga pants, which sadly i tend to mix with old t-shirts.  i’d love some modern workout wear that i can wear out and about.  do you have any favorites?

here are a few of my favorite things when it comes to working out . .  and i l’d love for you to share yours with me.

p.s. – all of my reading and planning has me itching for a fitbit (or something similar).  do i really need one?  i’m kind of hoping you say yes.

image / the fashion spot

• heather
    Commented on February 5th, 2014 at 10:29am

sweatybetty.com

a bit expensive, but definitely some things to wear all day! :)

• Trina
    Commented on February 13th, 2014 at 10:26am

oooh, can’t wait to check out…thanks for sharing. xo . t

• Genni B.
    Commented on February 5th, 2014 at 10:52am

I love nikewomen.com,the gap, & athleta for workout clothes. Athleta can be a bit over priced, but their clothes are cute for gym, outdoor fitness, and casual wear. They’re made exceptionally well, and their swimsuits are the best. If you’re looking for a swimsuit this summer Athleta has great options. I have a few that mix and match with each other so I can mix it up with the shorts, tanks and 2 pieces.
    I have used both the fit bit and the jawbone devices. I’d give the jawbone up a thumbs down. it was awkward and it came off a lot during workouts. There is also another model on the biggest loser website called bodymedia. I love the computer/app interface. If I had to pick I’d stay away from the jawbone up. It’s not as good as the fit bit. I’ve heard good things about the bodymedia device. The fit bit makes a great gift too. I bought one for my mother in law and she loves it. She downloads her information to her computer and has all her workouts, calories etc… stored there. Anything that keeps you moving is a good idea! :)

• Trina
    Commented on February 13th, 2014 at 10:29am

good to know about the swimsuits.. thanks for sharing. i just want to buy the muscles and bodies out of athleta – ha! and thanks for letting me know about jawbone. i think i just saw something online about body media too.. i’ll check it out.. thank you my fitness expert! xo .t

• Dominique Chrisotffersen
    Commented on February 5th, 2014 at 1:12pm

After getting some gift card to Lululemon I bought one of their long sleeve running shirts and a nice reflective jacket. I also broke down and bought some Nike and Under Armor winter running pants (we live in Utah and I’m regularly running in sub-freezing temps). All of these items were pricier but I feel like I’m getting my money’s worth since the costs make me feel as though they should get used. I researched the various wearable devices and none of them wowed me based on their reviews. I think in a few years the technology will catch up with what people really want/use. Check out cnet.com for their thoughts, a great site for all things techy, which I’m not. Any who. Good luck with your reboot! xoxo

• Trina
    Commented on February 13th, 2014 at 10:31am

woah! good one you for running in sub-freezing temps… that is amazing. you def deserve nice workout wear. and, i think you’re right, the products will prob much better in the coming years! keep up the good work, friend! xo . t

• lisa thomson
    Commented on February 7th, 2014 at 12:42am

i just have to comment because today I was shopping for some new yoga wear. It was almost as depressing as trying to buy a new bathing suit. I went to LuuLemon and was very disappointed with the yoga pants and tops. I have found nice things there a few years back but seriously wonder if the quality has deteriorated since. Also, the tops are too skimpy…maybe I’ve gotten too fat. SIGH. See what I mean? I need to find a new yoga wear store LOL. Good luck with your shopping!

• Trina
    Commented on February 13th, 2014 at 10:33am

oh no! yeah..anything tight is a little depressing for me, these days, too. i really am loving my zella pants (link in the post)…. i like the feel of the fabric. the last pair of luulemon ones i got have this really staticky weird feel after i washed them. and the zella ones really suck you in. should i say that? ha. another reader commented to try sweatybetty.com … i hadn’t heard of it but i’m going to check it out …and i hear athleta (by gap) is good too. good luck. xo . t

• Elizabeth
    Commented on February 11th, 2014 at 12:57pm

This shirt looks beyond cozy! xx

• Trina
    Commented on February 13th, 2014 at 10:16am

i agree…cozy workout clothes, i like that idea!