Like a French Girl

I had a nice weekend… did you?
Birthdays + Bonfires + the movies + some lounging

All of which = too much {junk} food

I used to eat like a French girl. You know . . .
good food + small portions + eat slow + savor every bite + walking {I lost a good amount of weight doing this, actually}.

And now I need to get back to it, like pronto. How do French nursing maman’s eat? anyone? anyone?
One movie I watched this weekend was an Irish film, Ondine. It’s based on mermaid type folklore.
And today when I was out walking I was really taken by all of the lamp posts. They, of course, always remind me of Narnia.
And speaking of lamp posts and lanterns and the like. . . I love the idea of one on the inside like this {sweet and gorgeous}.
images : weheartit . maryruffle . tumblr .

• Sundari
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 12:39am

I love lamp posts. Oh and I want to get that book even more now. Do you ever go back to read it again?

• LouBoo
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 12:58am

Hi – I am so with you on the eating – must go running this morning! That way I can keep up the croissants! Love the Narnia inspired lamps…very pretty and evocative. Louise x

• Callie Grayson
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 1:18am

:) i was driving today and noticed a few lamp post that I thought I should come back to photograph or sketch and then I see you post:) lamp posts!
    I will have to add the movie to my netflix queue.

Have a lovely week.
    xx
    callie

• Geisslein
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 2:29am

beautiful pictures…visit France is definitively on my wishlist! have a lovely start in the new week!

• vicki archer
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 2:58am

Lovely thoughts Trina….and London is the most wonderful city for lamp posts….love your pics, xv.

• Hazel
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 4:32am

Sounds like a lovely weekend, love all of the photos in this post! Now we just have to make it through another week of work so we can enjoy the weekend :) Hazel

• Porchlight Interiors
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 6:16am

Oh these images just make me want to get on the next plane and go back to Paris. There's nothing like it!

• jules @ The Diversion Project
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 7:32am

i love that last image, i have a picture i took last year in nearly the exact spot that just makes me so happy.

good luck with the french girl thing, if you crack the secret let me know!!

• The Zhush
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 10:29am

Hi Trina, don't know if you got my email…but you WON my giveaway! Email me your address and I will get it out to you straight away! Congrats!
    Sue

• Blueprint Bliss
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 12:24pm

Thanks for the link! xx- Brooke

• meg duerksen
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 12:33pm

oh….eating like a french girl! that sounds so much better than saying "i am on a diet."
    i like it.
    it's my new mantra. :)

• SogniSorrisi
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 1:08pm

I was just thinking about the eating thing this weekend. I have to get better at my portion control!

• Miz.November
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 5:36pm

Oh, Lord have mercy. I have been eating way too much, too. And I have been too tired to work out. I need to get my act back together.

• Jules
    Commented on May 17th, 2010 at 11:54pm

Sounds like a lovely weekend, despite the potentially negative effects on the figure. But that's what weekends are for, non?

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas

• karey m.
    Commented on May 18th, 2010 at 6:36am

narnia…yes.

and we need to do some sort of blogger shape up in time for summer. like a detox. which probably means we all need to step away from our computers and get outside, yes?

i've got to start this asap! xoxo.

{loving your little touches in your living room! that map with the frame is cool. i'd love it in a corner, you know? like a nook…}

• Mademoiselle Frou-Frou
    Commented on May 18th, 2010 at 4:25pm

i need to start eating like a French girl…
    what beautiful pictures…the French really do have it good!
    xoxo alison

p.s. – you might enjoy the Bubble Chandelier DIY post i just did: http://froufroufashionista.blogspot.com/2010/05/bubble-chandelier-diy.html

• la la Lovely
    Commented on May 19th, 2010 at 10:07am

You know I am sad to say I didn't read the Chronicles of Narnia as child (I watched the movie) but I did read them about 5 years ago and loved them.

Callie -that is crazy about the lamp posts.

Karey – yes we need to do some sort of blogger detox – hmmm – wheels turning. And you know I have a giant big nook of a corner in my living room… maybe I just might have to move the map there. I never know what to do with that corner.

And Frou-Frou- AMAZING… if you guys haven't checked out her fabulous bubble chandelier – go go .. it is to beautiful.

• sev.royer
    Commented on May 25th, 2010 at 3:52pm

Hello,
    I'am a french mum of 3 kids.
    I just discovered your blog and I like it very much
    I look forward to read more (new or former posts)
    Severine