Say, are you kind to yourself? Lately, I have been anything but. I’m running on fumes, whatever it is that really means. I guess you could say I’m living on coffee, coke and baby laughs these days. My sleep is little and my thoughts are too many. Well, today, I’ve been trying to organize a few thoughts and this is what I’ve come up with. I need to be kind to myself so I can be kind to others. Makes sense, yes? I went ahead and made a list of some ways I need to be kind to myself. I’m keeping it simple folks. And guess what, if I fail at some or most on any given day or week than I’m not making a deal of it because I’m going to be kind to myself. The truth is, I’m hard on myself (hello, perfectionist types). And the same principle applies here. I’ve come to find out that since I am hard on myself, I can sometimes be hard on others. But the truth is, I want to be kind and graceful towards others (and I want them to be kind and graceful towards me). So, I’m going to start with myself.
And here is how :
And here is a bit of a breakdown for me (still keeping it simple) :
01. Feed Your Soul daily : for me that is reading, journaling, praying, meditating
02. LOL and then reapeat : i don’t laugh enough. i want to find something to laugh out loud about every. single. day. laughter is medicine, after all.
03. Be Mindful of . . . : whatever it is you need to be mindful about. for me its food. Eat foods that nourish. portion control. sometimes foods + always foods.
04. Make something —> anything : bake, write, craft. even writing out this list and quote on paper felt good to do.
05. Pamper yourself in practical ways : wash my face at night. go to bed on time. take a bath. go to a movie. whatever little luxury is necessary.
06. Move your body everyday : exercise, walk, breathe deep – something even if it is small daily.
07. Love without conditions : love and expect nothing in return.
08. Listing to your thoughts and create new ones: find quiet time to listen to your thoughts + sort through them. then dream something up…anything.
What about you? Are you kind to yourself? Are you hard on yourself? I encourage you to make your own kind list or feel free to adopt mine and personalize it to your life. If you do, I’d love for you to share it (feel free to leave a link in the comments section of this post).
Be kind to yourself so you can be kind to others! xo . t